Address: 50 N Main, Soda Springs, ID 83276 This is Soda Springs's newest park. Construction began in 1995. The original eight-sided kiosk, for which the spring was apparently named, was built in the 1890s to cover the carbonated water spring that emanates at this point. It was restored in 1995 with a grant from the Idaho Heritage Trust. Octagon Spring was a popular gathering place for local residents and for visitors to the famous Idan-ha Hotel which was just across the street to the south of the spring. The Idan-ha Hotel was constructed in 1887 and was destroyed by fire on June 7, 1921. The hotel was built as a dining station by Union Pacific Railroad, but guests also came to see the bubbling carbonated water springs in the area or were patients of the famous Dr. Ellis Kackley.
The park has such amenities as a wooden boardwalk (the ground is extremely wet and soft at times), a covered pavilion, a restroom, and picnic tables. It is also home to a large number of memorial trees. Octagon Spring Park is located at the intersection of Main St. and Hooper Ave.