TIPS TO PREVENT PIPES FROM FREEZING
- Maintain proper heat in homes, particularly in basement crawlspaces or anything that house a water service.
- Insulate pipes, particularly those outside or on the perimeter of the residence.
- Run a trickle of cold water on each home floor at the points farthest from the location of the main water service into the home.
- Ensure warm air is circulating in areas with water pipes, Including unheated garages and regions of the home.
- Remove all garden hoses from hose bibbs and cover bibbs with Styrofoam insulating caps, and shut off control valves for hose bibbs.
- Make sure there are no broken windows or other sources to allow cold winter air to enter