City Hall Job Opening
Job Title: Assistant Clerk
Department: Financial – City Hall
Reports to: City Clerk-Treasurer
Responsible for cash receipting, licensing & permits, reservations, supplies, meeting scheduling & set-up and information requests. Serves as the Planning and Zoning Commission Secretary. Provides a wide range of office support functions, customer service and working as a team member on monthly and annual tasks. May include grant writing & administration or economic development duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to citizens and co-workers in person and on the phone.
- Receipt all monies daily for utilities, recreation, licenses & permits – balance funds and make bank deposits.
- Complete work orders as requested by citizens and co-workers.
- Attend Planning & Zoning Commission meetings recording the proceedings and preparing official minutes. Provide code review, process and clerical assistance for all P&Z business.
- Prepare applications and guidance for all licensing and permits along with billings and notices for annual renewals.
- Oversee multiple commission appointments and meeting records. (assist)
- Oversee park, building and other reservations.
- Oversee citizen and employee recognition programs. (assist)
- Order monthly and annual office and cleaning supplies for multiple departments.
- Set-up for meetings, community events and company parties.
- Prepare tourist or relocation information packets as requested.
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of monthly utility bills.
- Assist with web-site maintenance. (Oversee design & content)
- Research, prepare and administer grants.
- Provide economic development support to the community.
- Assist City Clerk with filing and all other duties as assigned.
- High degree of communication and human relation skills.
- Ability to listen to and diffuse controversial or volatile customers.
- Ability to research and interpret information and provide a clear response to customers.
- Ability to use knowledge and judgment to handle complicated and/or confidential issues.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with business software and office machines. Computer technical knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting, clerical and money handling principles.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to attend evening meetings and out of town training.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Sufficient vision and clarity of speech and hearing to efficiently and accurately perform all duties.
- Sufficient dexterity to perform all office functions including lifting and moving up to 30 pounds.